7.07.2011

And I am never real; it is just a sketch of me

I've shared a little bit about some of my other hobbies, and it's time for another hobby post!

Our post today children is about painting. Do you like to paint?

Hehe. Anyway, a few weeks ago my best friend Alex and I met up at Joann's and went crazy getting some canvases and watercolors. I already have a pretty good acrylic paint selection from my ceramics work. We bought some wine on the way home, and had ourselves a good ole' fashioned girly movie night.



We watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding, and Step Up...both hilarious awesome movies. Alex and I are SUCKERS for rom-coms and cheesy dance movies. Relaxing with wine and comedy is the best way to just sit back and watch your art unfold...













It's still a work in progress, but for me I'm just proud to have started making something. Overcoming fear of creation has been my number one goal for this year, and with every hobby I endeavor in I feel one stop closer. I'm not sure what it is I want to do in my life, but I feel the life of a creative calling me...own a boutique? Be a perpetual student? Graphic designer?

I don't know. I don't know where these roads are leading me yet, but I know that I every day I create is another day spent in the proverbial classroom. I feel like everything my hands touch right now is another step towards realizing my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?